You’re admiring a pair of shoes on Amazon and save it to your wish list or add it to your cart. Your phone buzzes with a notification from Facebook, you check it and 15 minutes later you’re still scrolling through your feed until you see a pop-up article saying “only 2 left in stock” with the item from your cart. You recognize the demand and immediately head back to the shopping app to make the final purchase.
Display ads for remarketing act as a catalyst in converting potential consumer interests into sales!
REMARKETED DISPLAY ADS: HOW DOES IT WORK?
Remarketing display ads are implemented to enhance conversions and increase revenue by showing targeted ads to consumers who have viewed your website.
The objective is to increase the prominence of your brand in the customer’s conscience, re-route them to your page and possibly persuade a purchase!
Remarketed ads operate through Google and Facebook, which display the product of interest on their partner sites.
CREATE A REMARKETING AUDIENCE IN GOOGLE ANALYTICS
The creation of an appropriate audience is of prime importance when it comes to remarketing display ads. An audience can be created manually or by using Google’s inbuilt recommendations system. Set up an audience list for remarketing purposes.
- From your Google Analytics select Menu>Admin>AudienceDefinitions
- From here, select Audiences > + New Audience
- Name your audience list
- Choose an Analytics profile and Google Ads account to use with your list
- Next, use the “Audience definition” portion to specify who you want to remarket to.
- Use Google Analytics’ built in Recommended audiences to get your campaign up and running as quickly as possible
- Alternatively, click on the “Create New” button to set up your own custom audience.
- eCommerce tab is primarily for business owners who want to upsell existing customers
- Conditions tab is used to segment website visitors who haven’t converted yet
You are now on target and good to go!
CREATE YOUR REMARKETING CAMPAIGN ON GOOGLE ADS
Once the audience list has been created and saved in Google Analytics, it needs to be linked to your Google Ad account. The next step would be to create a campaign and take the show on the road!
- Log into your Google Ads account,
- Click “Campaigns” and the blue “+” button
- Click on “New campaign” and select a goal
- Select your campaign type, and input necessary information (Your website URL, locations to target, languages etc)
- Lastly, with regards to the “Budget” section; Click on Additional setting> People> Audiences>Browse (It helps define which audience should see your add)
- Create your add, and finish your campaign.